Thursday, 26 July 2012

ALPS Mountaineering Vertex 4 Backpacking Tent

ALPS Mountaineering Vertex 4 Backpacking TentALPS Mountaineering Vertex 4 Backpacking Tent 
ALPS Mountaineering Vertex 4 Backpacking Tent












GREAT TENT-GREAT BUY! Alps has a great product line I didn't know about! This tent is more than I expected-lightweight aluminum pole system set up easily, especially with the clips that fasten the tent to the pole structure. Absolutely no problem setting up the tent by myself. The fly installed easily using a simple buckle system on the four tent corners. The fly completely covers the tent so there's no drip line on the tent itself. The floor space was large enough for a double-bed-size blowup mattress plus some. The two vestibules are key storage space outside the tent and not found on many tents. The zippers work well and didn't bind at all. I pitched the tent in soft soil, but in harder soil conditions I would recommend stouter tent stakes (short top-hook aluminum come with the tent). The guying that comes with the tent for the fly works well to hold off the fly from the tent to keep condensation and moisture out of the tent. I don't think this tent is heavy at all, and would carry it in/out of a campsite without hesitation. I'll still treat the seams for moisture penetration. There are two screened openings on the sides and one at the top that you can't close, just so you know. We camped out in 40F weather and were fine with good sleeping bags and down comforters though. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks
    Camping

    ReplyDelete